We're growing and have two vacancies for a couple of enthusiastic and self-motivated Account Execs to join our award-winning, forward-thinking team. If you think you have what it takes and would like to a join a progressive growing business in the software development tech space we’d like to hear from you.
Job Title: Account Manager - Executive level
Type: Graduate/Junior. Full time, Permanent
Location: Edenbridge, Kent (Hybrid working)
Salary: £20k - £25k + Bonus and Profit Share Scheme
We're chilliapple, an award-winning digital agency specialising in web and app development. We’ve been trading since 2008 and have grown to become one of the most reputable agencies in the south-east. Our Kent office is home to our Account and Project Managers, Designers and Sales team (the 'apple') and is backed up by our team in Delhi (the ‘chilli’) who handle all of the software development for our clients.
It sounds cliché but no two days at chilliapple are alike. We work with Blue Chip clients including Mercedes and SEGA, through to entrepreneurial start-ups. Our key focus is primarily on designing, developing and supporting ecommerce websites built on Magento, Prestashop, WooCommerce and bespoke tailored made platforms in JS and Laravel.
We're not corporate or bureaucratic, and don’t hold meetings for the sake of meetings. Our focus is delivering results for our clients without any nonsense or jargon. We’re revenue and growth oriented, and all permanent staff are part of our profit share scheme.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Client Services and working within the Account Management team, the Account Manager / Executive will have responsibility for a portfolio of chilliapple clients, and the retention and growth of their revenues. You will work closely with all departments to ensure that each customer receives the highest standards of service and client satisfaction in order to foster longstanding relationships.
- Account Management of existing clients, handling ongoing requests within their support and maintenance packages, SEO and upselling additional work and services to maximise revenue.
- Working with the rest of the team to understand client's requirements, ask appropriate questions, and come up with the right solutions to meet their needs.
- Organising and attending regular client meetings to review progress and discuss future work.
- You should position yourself as a 'sustaining resource' in the eyes of your clients – a member of their own team – by consistently demonstrating exceptional communication skills and a proactive nature.
- Deliver account updates in weekly meetings, identifying blockers to overcome, and opportunities for further sales and revenue growth.
- QA and testing of web and mobile project updates.
- Writing case studies and attaining positive reviews from your clients on Google and Trustpilot.
- Contributing to chilliapple’s overall marketing efforts, including attending networking events and exhibitions, and writing content for blogs and PR releases.
The ideal candidate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- An analytical mind and enthusiasm for problem solving.
- Open and honest.
- Able to demonstrate empathy towards clients.
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise tasks.
- A real desire to learn new skills.
- A team player with a strong work ethic.
Key skills, qualifications & experience:
- Experience in a customer-centric role, either over the phone or face-to-face
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality documents.
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
- Experience in a revenue generating role is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Some knowledge of the design and development process for websites or mobile applications is a distinct advantage.
What’s in it for you?
The sheer variety within our client base, and their unique requirements, will expose you to a range of different industries. You’ll pick up comprehensive technical knowledge within the first few months, and will benefit from an accelerated learning curve. Your experiences with one client will enable you to be more consultative with the next, and the rest of the Account Management team will be on hand to offer support whenever it’s needed.
You’ll also be exposed to every department of the business, both in the UK and India. There’s no rigid corporate hierarchy so you’ll be learning directly from senior stakeholders. You’ll learn about marketing and product, sales and negotiations, revenue forecasting and budgeting, operations management and much more.
- Basic salary £20k-£25k
- Bonus scheme
- Annual profit share
- 28 days holiday including 8 bank holidays (+ 1 day extra for every year worked)
- Pension scheme
- Standard working hours 08:30 – 17:00 Monday – Friday
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to Helena Marshall, at [email protected]
Why become a part of chilliapple?
We believe in our people and consider them the sole reason behind our existence, growth and success.
We appreciate our people and are proud of how they develop with us . Each individual at chilliapple is valued for who they are, the skills they bring and the person they become as they grow with us.
We get that our people have busy lives in and outside work. So we provide flexibility for an essential work/life balance.
We recognise hard work and effort and ensure our people are given regular feedback and rewarded and praised accordingly
We love to see our people develop as our business grows and encourage a culture of continuous learning.