Job Title: SEO / Digital Manager
Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Edenbridge, Kent
Start Date: March 2023
Salary: £ tba Bonus and Profit Share Scheme
We're chilliapple, an award-winning digital agency specialising in web and app development. We’ve been trading since 2008 and have grown to become one of the most reputable agencies in the south-east. Our Kent office is home to our Account and Project Managers, Designers and Sales team (the 'apple') and is backed up by our team in Delhi (the ‘chilli’) who handle all of the software development for our clients.
It sounds cliché but no two days at chilliapple are alike. We work with Blue Chip clients including Mercedes and SEGA, through to entrepreneurial start-ups. Our key focus is primarily on designing, developing and supporting ecommerce websites built on Magento, Prestashop, WooCommerce and bespoke tailored made platforms in JS and Laravel.
We're not corporate or bureaucratic, and don’t hold meetings for the sake of meetings. Our focus is delivering results for our clients without any nonsense or jargon. We’re revenue and growth oriented, and all permanent staff are part of our profit share scheme.
About the role
Reporting to The Head of Client Services and dotted line to both Directors, the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) / Digital Manager will have responsibility primarily for the SEO success of the chilliapple website and SEO campaigns for a number of client sites that we have built or manage.
- Develop and execute SEO strategy for our company website and our client sites to achieve maximum ROI
- Delegate and co-ordinate SEO related tasks to SEO Execs based in India through Basecamp and Skype
- Work with Head of Client Services to create and promote SEO packages
- Create and pitch SEO proposals to existing and new clients within the eCommerce niche
- Oversee and execute all elements of SEO from audit, proposal, strategy to execution, performance monitoring
- Preparation and presentation of monthly reporting to key contact for each campaign
- Manage expenses of SEO campaigns, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling differences
- Support and guide the Account Management team when it comes to SEO best practices for their portfolio of clients
- Support and guide our Development team when it comes to SEO best practices, modules, extensions etc for existing and new eCommerce sites
- Determine measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in marketing efforts
- Experience with Google services, including Analytics and Search Console
- Experience with Google Keyword Tool, Ahrefs, SEMRush
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt and metadata on various CMS platforms
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- Experience in building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERPs
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
- Familiarity with the best tools in the trade
- Experience in eCommerce SEO using technologies such as Magento, Prestashop and Laravel
- Conversion rate optimisation experience beneficial but not essential
Day to Day activities:
- Be the primary contact for all SEO related queries
- Work with India based team of SEO Execs on
- Keyword research
- Competitor research
- Review technical SEO issues and co-ordinate and oversee fixes
- Content and meta optimisation
- Generate new content ideas and ongoing blog plan
- Brief and co-ordinate copywriters
- Review and approve all content for onsite and offsite activities
- Developing and overseeing the execution of an offsite strategy and outreach
- Monitor rankings and analytics to identify new opportunities
- Report on performance bi-weekly and monthly
The ideal candidate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organised.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- An analytical mind and enthusiasm for problem solving.
- Able to manage multiple projects, and allocate time effectively.
- A team player with a strong work ethic.
- Assertiveness and confidence to negotiate with stakeholders.
- An open, honest and friendly nature to build relationships with clients.
- A real desire to learn new skills.
- A passion for innovation, and commitment to delivering work to an award-winning standard.
Key skills, qualifications & experience:
- 3-4 years SEO Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant business or technology subject, and/or experience of a project management role.
- A solid understanding of website and/or mobile app development processes
- Knowledge of CMS, e-commerce, SEO and Analytics.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality documents, including proposals and reports.
- Strong commercial awareness, to understand how projects impact financial goals.
What’s in it for you?
The sheer variety within our client base, and their unique requirements, will expose you to a range of different industries and technologies. You’ll benefit from an accelerated learning curve, and your experiences on one project will enable you to be more consultative with the next. Senior Management and colleagues will be on hand to offer support whenever it is needed.
You’ll also be exposed to every department of the business, both in the UK and India. There’s no rigid corporate hierarchy so you’ll be learning directly from senior stakeholders. You’ll learn about marketing and product, sales and negotiations, revenue forecasting and budgeting, operations management and much more.
We’ll also put you through a formal project management training course, and certification programme, such as Prince2.
- Basic salary £k
- Bonus scheme
- Annual profit share
- 28 days holiday including 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Standard working hours 09:00 – 17:30 or 08:30-17:00) Monday – Friday WFH on Fridays 37.5 hours per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to Helena Marshall, at [email protected]
Why become a part of chilliapple?
We believe in our people and consider them the sole reason behind our existence, growth and success.
We appreciate our people and are proud of how they develop with us . Each individual at chilliapple is valued for who they are, the skills they bring and the person they become as they grow with us.
We get that our people have busy lives in and outside work. So we provide flexibility for an essential work/life balance.
We recognise hard work and effort and ensure our people are given regular feedback and rewarded and praised accordingly
We love to see our people develop as our business grows and encourage a culture of continuous learning.