about the project
Michelsons UK was established in 1937 and, as a founder member of the British Menswear Guild, has been integral in promoting and exporting men's clothing and accessories throughout the world.
The business requirements
Michelsons UK was established in 1937 and, as a founder member of the British Menswear Guild, has been integral in promoting and exporting men’s clothing and accessories throughout the world. With a creative and stylish tie collection offering hundreds of designs and colours in a range of natural fabrics such as silk, cashmere and wool, and accessories including cummerbunds, waistcoats and scarves, Michelsons continues to be regarded as one of the UK’s most reputable and innovative providers of high quality neckwear and accessories for both men and women.
Michelsons tasked chilliapple with migrating their Magento 1 site to Magento 2 in December 2019 and launching in March 2020 to fall in line with their new season launch.
The main objectives of the project were:
- To implement a more efficient procedure for omnichannel order processing, allowing Michelsons staff to focus less on administrative work and more on increasing sales.
- A new Magento 2 website was to be fully responsive & retina ready using a templated theme to reduce the delivery timeline.
- To provide the capability for users to build personalised gift sets from multiple items based upon their selection.
- To integrate the ability to cross-sell their products via Instagram.
- Build a custom page for corporate clients to enquire via a bespoke contact form.
The new Magento 2 site features easier navigation via a Mega Menu, smart product search functionality, full mobile compatibility, smooth design with a logical and uncluttered checkout.
Chilliapple sourced the ‘Xtento – Simplify Bulk Order Processing: Order Manager’, integrated and configured it. Using this extension Michelsons don’t have to open each order individually and process one-by-one. Instead they can now process all of their orders directly from the orders grid in bulk. They can also create invoices and shipments, add tracking numbers to orders, complete orders, change the order status and much more for multiple orders with a single click. This extension will really simplify their Magento order processing and save them hours of work every week.
Chilliapple also developed a custom enquiry form on the ‘club & corporate ties’ page where users can users submit the following details:
- Enter their Contact Details (Name, Email, Telephone Number)
- Drop down to select Bow Tie or Tie;
- Colour swatch selector;
- Logo Upload (multi format) and;
- The form also uses the Google reCaptcha extension to protect against spam and bots.
The Magento 2 Instagram Shop extension was integrated to help drive more sales by showcasing the Instagram gallery on the online store.
A very close working relationship with the committed team at Michelsons has helped deliver a first class site and user experience, which their customers are delighted with. The site was launched on 17th March 2020 in time for their busy new season launch.
The technical bits
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Upgrade
- Full Responsive & Retina Ready
- Custom Module Development & Integration
- Xtento – Simplify Bulk Order Processing: Order Manager
- B2B logins for wholesalers
- Gift Bundle Functionality
- Facebook Pixel Integration
- Shop by Instagram integration
- Ajax cart pro
- Ajax compare and ajax wishlist
- Layered Navigation: Ajax, SEO, MultiSelect, Filter and search by rating
- Shop by Instagram
- Infinite scroll in category page
- Rocket Shopping Feed for google
- VAT Exemption
- Sage Pay Integration
- Configurable Products In Bundles